- Jerome Kaufman, along with his brother, Manual (Mickey), and several other associates, form Alside. Alside quickly becomes one of the largest users of sheet aluminum in the world.
- After seeing how paint bonds to aluminum fuselages on World War II planes, Jerome Kaufman, owner of one of the largest retail home improvement dealers in the U.S., invents the first residential baked enamel aluminum siding.
- Donald Kaufman, brother of Jerome, joins Alside in the legal department.
- Alside enters the distribution business by opening its first company-owned Supply Centers in Indianapolis, Pittsburgh and Chicago.
- Alside becomes a public company.
- A new modern facility that houses manufacturing and corporate offices is constructed after the original building is destroyed by fire. This new facility remains as the corporate headquarters today.
- Alside is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Steel siding is introduced on a limited basis. Alside International is established in Puerto Rico to produce stone siding. Brick panels follow soon after.
- All of Alside's outstanding stock is acquired by U.S. Steel. Alside becomes the acknowledged leader in both the steel and aluminum siding industry.
- Alside begins distributing aluminum windows and storm doors.
- Donald L. Kaufman is promoted to President and Chief Operating Officer.
- Alside enters the aluminum replacement window business with the opening of a manufacturing plant in Wadsworth, Ohio.
- Alside enters the vinyl siding business with the construction of a new manufacturing facility in West Salem, Ohio.
- To meet the needs of a changing marketplace, Alside research and development specialists develop Alside's first vinyl replacement window.
- Jerome Kaufman, founder, retires as Chairman and Donald L. Kaufman becomes Chief Executive Officer.
- William W. Winspear purchases Alside and two other companies from United States Steel (U.S. Steel) to form Associated Materials Incorporated.
- Due to increasing demand and soaring sales, Alside adds a plant in Ennis, Texas, solely dedicated to producing vinyl siding and accessories.
- Alside opens a kitchen cabinet plant in Liberty, North Carolina under a new division, UltraCraft.
- Increasing product demands lead to the opening of a vinyl window manufacturing facility in Cedar Rapids, IA.
- An additional vinyl window manufacturing plant opens in Kinston, North Carolina.
- Alside begins producing and selling vinyl fence products from its new division, UltraGuard.
- Premium Garage Door Company, a division of Alside, begins research and development of vinyl garage doors.
- Alside Window Systems opens the "Central Window Plant" in a portion of Alside's manufacturing facility in Akron, Ohio.
- Alside Window Systems enters into the New Construction market with the introduction of the Performance Series New Construction vinyl window.
- Alside introduces Charter Oak™ Premium Vinyl Siding. Referred to as "the siding that changed the industry," it is quickly recognized for its beauty, durability and installation ease.
- Alside Window Systems produces their 5,000,000th window.
- Nationwide Alside Supply Centers continue to expand with the addition of four new locations.
- Alside celebrates 50 years in the home improvement industry.
- In addition to the corporate headquarters in Akron, Ohio, Alside consists of three window manufacturing facilities, two vinyl extrusion plants, 65 company-owned Supply Centers and a research and development facility. Alside also consists of three divisions that offer fencing, garage doors and Eurostyle cabinetry for kitchen and bath.
- Alside becomes a partner in a new program established by the Department of Energy called ENERGY STAR®. All Alside windows with the ClimaTech™ option receive the ENERGY STAR label.
- Alside is publicly traded on NYSE.
- Introduced accredited Architect Education Program for AIA, CSI and AIBD.
- CenterLock™ premium vinyl siding hits the market with a unique double-lock design and the appearance of individual wood boards. In addition, Alside introduces Architectural Shakes™, a decorative ornamental siding.
- Alside is awarded VSI Certification on all of its vinyl siding products.
- Alside produces their 6,000,000th window.
- Odyssey® Vinyl Siding is re-engineered for better performance and appearance, renaming it Odyssey® Plus.
- Completed construction of new vinyl extrusion plant in Freeport, Texas named Freeport Vinyl Technologies.
- Nationwide Alside Supply Centers continue to expand with addition of several new locations, such as Pawtucket, RI and Southgate, MI.
- Seneca® Vinyl Siding is introduced. It offers elegant beauty and lasting quality in an .042" thickness.
- Alside purchases Alpine Window in Bothell, WA. This brings the total number of window manufacturing facilities to four and provides a West Coast presence.
- Alside is named ENERGY STAR® National Window Partner of the Year.
- Alside adds nine new locations to its long list of Nationwide Alside Supply Centers.
- Mr. Mike Caporale is named President and Chief Operating Officer of Alside.
- Alside introduces Board and Batten siding: beautiful vertical siding in a premium .050" thickness.
- Alside adds three new branches to its long list of nationwide Alside Supply Centers.
- Charter Oak® XL 16' 8" siding launched. This Extended Length siding panel is almost 40% longer than standard siding, offering fewer overlaps and added beauty.
- CenterLock® is enhanced to a .044" premium thickness.
- Mr. Mike Caporale is appointed President and Chief Executive Officer of Alside.
- Alside is named ENERGY STAR® National Window Partner of the Year for the second consecutive year.
- Alside adds Landscape® Vinyl Siding to its siding line. Its sophisticated nail hem with double nail slots and a rolled top edge simplifies installations and adds rigidity.
- Two new Supply Centers join Alside's team of Nationwide Alside Supply Centers.
- Alside is named ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year for the third consecutive year.
- Seven new Supply Centers join Alside's distribution network.
- Alside introduces the Architectural Color Collection, a series of six dark colors available in Charter Oak® siding and soffit and Trimworks® accessories.
- Alside introduces the Sheffield Window, a new fully welded premium window featuring a sloped sill and a hidden screen track for clean lines and added beauty.
- The casement/awning window and the Swing & Clean window are completely redesigned for the Alside product line. The new casement/awning windows offer a much slimmer profile for multiple units, while the Swing & Clean window offers an improved hinge system featuring the DuraBrake™ pivot/glide shoe.
- Alside adds three additional company-owned Supply Centers.
- Alside increases its siding, soffit and accessory warranty coverage making it one of the industry's strongest.
- The Platinum Series Insulation™ product line is introduced, delivering a premium selection of fanfold and insulation board products to our dealer network.
- Odyssey® Plus is redesigned with a fully rolled-over nailing hem and double, staggered nail slots for superior attachment strength.
- Alside introduces four new colors to its siding, soffit and accessories: Tuscan Clay, Coastal Sage, Vintage Wicker and Mystic Blue.
- The Architectural™ Series of Shakes and Scallops is expanded to include new Staggered Shakes and Shingles. New colors are also introduced within this product line to support the increased desire of homeowners to add coastal influence to their homes.
- Charter Oak® Energy Elite is introduced. This Field-Fit™ insulated siding provides the beauty of Charter Oak Siding with the insulating and durability aspects of insulated siding.
- The Excalibur Window, one of Alside's most popular windows, is redesigned to feature an even stronger sash profile with sturdier, fully extruded lift rails.
- Alside grows its Supply Center organization again by adding three new locations.
- Introduction begins on Prodigy® Next Generation Insulated Siding. This double 6" clapboard siding features a true flat face, industry-best insulation of up to 1-1/2" thickness*, a 16' 8" Extended Length design and an engineered vinyl surface guaranteed to resist fading for a generation. *Nominal.
- To support the increasing West Coast business, Alside opens a new window plant in Yuma, Arizona.
- Alside opens four new company-owned Supply Centers in the United States.
- Exterior Accents, a collection of specialized siding accessories and shutters, is introduced.
- Mr. Thomas Chieffe joins AMI as Chief Executive Officer.
- Alside introduces the new Charter Oak® XXL 25' siding. This new addition to the Charter Oak family is more than twice as long as standard siding for significantly fewer overlaps.
- Alside's national presence increases as another Supply Center in Wichita, Kansas is added to its ever-growing supply chain organization.
- Alside continues to expand its distribution network with the addition of three new Supply Centers: Greer, South Carolina; Alsip, Illinois; and Mahwah, New Jersey.
- Greenbriar® Vintage Beaded Soffit is added to the Alside soffit product offering. Replacing the original Greenbriar, this new design provides the truly authentic look of beaded wood soffit with a 2 ½" profile.
- Cypress Creek™ Variegated Siding is introduced. Designed to capture the multi-tonal colors of authentic cedar, Cypress Creek is available in 6 beautiful variegated colors.
- Introduction of the Excalibur II® Window to the west coast.
- Revolution Composite Siding is introduced in select markets. This high-performance exterior siding system blends natural wood ingredients with structural polymers to provide the first maintenance free, composite siding.
- Coventry by Alside™ is added to the vinyl siding product offering. Featuring an attractive cedar grain finish and a rolled top nailing hem for enhanced product performance. Coventry is available in five profiles and 14 attractive colors.
- Alside adds a 5" Dutch Lap profile to the Prodigy® Insulated Siding product line. This new profile features Prodigy's unique attributes as well as an industry-best insulation of up to 1-1/2" thickness*. *Nominal.
- The Pelican Bay® One line of Shakes and Scallops is added to Alside's polypropylene shakes and scallops offering. Featuring single-course panels, self-concealing side tabs and extended panel lengths.
- Alside announces the addition of a rolled top nailing hem to Conquest®, increasing the wind load performance for this product line and making it one of the best performing siding panels within its category.
- Alside becomes a proud member of the US Green Building Council.
- Alside opens a new company-owned Supply Center in Hempstead, NY - its third location on Long Island.
- Introduction of the 6200/6300 patio door.
- A new palette of rich, dark colors is added to Prodigy Insulated Siding providing homeowners with even more design options.
- FrameWorks® window color collection is introduced.
- Four new company-owned Alside Supply Centers are opened in Toledo, OH, Austin, TX, Aurora, IL and Evansville, IN to support the company's growth in these new markets.
- Introduction of the Sheffield II® Window to the west coast.
- Introduction of New Charter Oak® Architectural Colors.
- Mr. Jerry Burris joins AMI as Chief Executive Officer.
- Introduction of the 6400 French-Style Sliding Patio Door.
- Grand Opening of the 100th company-owned Alside Supply Center in Export, PA.
- Expansion of the Promenade™ Sliding Patio Door Collection to round out the offering to include Contemporary, Classic and French Rail styles.
- Introduction of 5 new darker, richer colors to the Odyssey Plus® line of Premium Vinyl Siding and expands the standard siding color palette to include Juniper Ridge.
- New polyurethane coating technology allows the enhancement of the FrameWorks® Color Collection to offer more than 80 interior and exterior finish combinations.
- Introduces AMES, Associated Materials Enterprise System.